St Catherine’s Vision
Ordinary people, growing together and serving our world in the love of Jesus.
Welcome to St Catherine’s Church Centre, Wakefield.
Due to government restrictions and to minimise risk to our staff and volunteers, we are operating the following services only at the moment:
Foodbank - deliveries only
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays only - 10-3pm
Please call 01924 211130 to request a food parcel
Nourishment meal delivery service
Please see our Facebook page for details
Worship with us
Church Services - Due to coronavirus, St Catherine's Church is currently closed for public worship.
However, the church is alive and well. You can join us for 'online worship' on Facebook (www.facebook.com/StCaths) at 10:30am each Sunday. If you can't join us on aSunday morning, the video will be available on our YouTube chanel for you to watch it when you can (www.youtube.com/c/followergerrard).
You can also join us for online Morning Prayer on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on our Facebook page. If you have questions please do contact Revd. David Gerrard (07753 417339 or firstname.lastname@example.org) The best way to keep in touch with our services and plans is to follow us on Facebook.
We look forward to you joining us there and can't wait to meet together again when we can.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We are so pleased you are visiting our website and hope you will enjoy looking around.
St Catherine’s is a vibrant and inclusive Church and Community Centre situated less than one mile outside of Wakefield town Centre.
We provide a wide range of services, activities, projects and groups which have been designed by and for the people of Wakefield.
It is our passion to serve others and we’d love you to come along and take part in what we do.
What we do in 60 seconds or less!
- We offer a range of worship from informal café style services, family services, evening services to more traditional mid-week communion services.
- Singing, art groups, gardening, guitar lessons, walking, creative writing, cooking, games, darts, comedy, socialising, live music and lots of laughter guaranteed.
- Elderly Day Care providing transport to and from the centre, lunch, refreshments, entertainment and the chance to socialise and make new friends.
- Community Café open from 8am – 3pm Monday to Friday offering a huge range of delicious meals and snacks at very affordable prices - designed to tickle your tastebuds without breaking the bank.
- Community Room – a dedicated space for socialising, gaming or just chilling out.
- Room Hire – a variety of rooms for meetings, parties and training.
- We have an amazing team of volunteers who help us run all the activities in the centre. If you would like to join them, we’d love to hear from you.
If you like the look of any of the above, please explore our website where you can find out more, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Or, if you would like to talk to a human, you can give us a ring on 01924 211130.